Plan and conduct user research to inform an upcoming large-scale redesign of the National Education Association (NEA) website properties.
I developed a comprehensive Research Plan that involved:
- Planning and conducting end user interviews remotely with end users around the United States
- Designing and facilitating two focus group activities
- Providing oversight and mentoring on designing a web-based survey
- Instructing and guiding two junior colleagues in workshop facilitation
- Conducting an ethnography
I traveled to Houston, Texas, to attend the NEA Annual Meeting where we conducted the focus groups as well as contextual interviews. Findings from all activities were incorporated into a UX Strategy and Communication plan used by the NEA to articulate the project and gain alignment and support from numerous stakeholders and to test early prototypes of website navigation.
- Categories:User Research, UX Strategy
- Tags:Ethnographic Study, Non-Profit, User Interviews